U.S. M1A2 Abrams 120mm Gun Main Battle Tank
The M1 Abrams, the worlds' strongest tank, has undergone step-by-step modification since its commission by the US military in 1980. The M1A2 evolved from the M1A1HA, and features Intervehicular Information System (IVIS) and Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV). Kit features A2 turret comes with CITV and new style vision block.
About the M1A2 Abrams
The M1 Abrams, officially commissioned by the US military in 1980, was designed totally different from previous post-WWII US military tanks. Although fitted with the same 105mm cannon as the M60, the M1 was powered by a gas turbine engine and was fitted with spaced armor. Planned to be commissioned by the US military over a long period, the M1 was designed with future reforms in mind. In 1984, the M1A1 was developed with a 120mm smooth bore cannon, and a further variant the M1A1HA was later developed featuring depleted uranium armor. This then led to the M1A2, which was fitted with Intervehicular Information System (IVIS), Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) turret and new style vision block. The M1A1HA and the M1A2 both played significant roles in Operation Iraqi Freedom, being deployed by land forces as well as the Marine Corps as they moved toward Baghdad.
- Scale: 1/35
- Length: 8-1/2" (216mm)
- Width: 4" (102mm
- A scale static display replica of the M1A2 Abrams.
- Can also be built as M1A1HA or Marine Corps vehicle.
- A2 turret with CITV and new style vision block.
- Combat Identification Panels (CIP).
- Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) accessories.
- Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV).
- Realistic, continuous vinyl tracks.
- Bustle rack with mesh bottom.
- Commander and loader figures with realistic uniform details.
- Five sets of waterslide decals: 4 types of Desert versions, and 1 NATO version.
- Additional field equipment include ammunition containers, Jerry cans, binoculars, and more.
- Illustrated assembly guide.
- Plastic cement
- Modeling Knife
- Pin Vise
- Paint (TAMIYA: Light Sand, NATO Green, NATO Brown, NATO Black, Royal Blue, Gun Metal, Chrome Silver, Gold Leaf, Sky Blue, Semi Gloss Black, Smoke, Clear Blue, Clear Red, Titanium Gold, Flat Black, Flat Red, Flat Flesh, Metallic Grey, Buff, Dark Yellow, Olive Drab)