UPC Code: 4950344353637
This is a scale model replica of the M3A1 Scout Car. It promises to be a great stand-alone model or make for an essential diorama piece in a bigger modeling project. Around 21,000 of the actual car were built, a vital cog in the setup of U.S. forces and those Allies (Britain, Soviet Union, Free France, China and more) who received it under “lend-lease.” Lightly protected with mainly 6.4mm armor, with a top road speed of 80km/h, it had one 12.7mm and two 7.62mm machine guns, could seat six in addition to a driver and commander, and was often deployed in recon and command car roles, in North Africa, Sicily, and on the Eastern Front.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 161mm.
• Multi-piece depictions of front un-ditching roller, and crew area machine guns (M2 x1 and M1919 x1).
• Interior features separate parts for shift, transfer case and parking brake levers, plus a detailed dash.
• Armor side door and windshield covers can be depicted deployed or not.
• Louvers on front engine grille can be assembled as open or closed.
• Detailed underside with depictions of leaf spring suspension, prop shaft, differentials, leaf springs and exhaust.
• Comes with one U.S. (invasion of Sicily) and two Soviet marking options.
• Includes 5 figures in Red Army Winter attire: helmeted driver in tanker overalls; pistol-wielding commander with choice of ushanka or regulation headgear; two gunners and one seated soldier.
• Marking Options: Red Army 3rd Guards Tank Army, Eastern Germany, April 1945. Red Army, Unit unknown, Prague, Spring 1945. U.S. Army 8th Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Armored Division, Sicily, 1943