This TAMIYA model recreates the German WWII self-propelled gun Howitzer Hummel (Late Production). Its name translates to “bumblebee”. The Hummel was designed to fulfil demand for mobile artillery support for German tank units. Based upon the Geschützwagen III/IV (also used on the Nashorn), it sported an L/30 15cm howitzer and open top fighting compartment. Hummels were designed in 1942 and debuted on the Eastern Front in 1943; they were also seen in North-West Europe and Italy in the latter half of WWII.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• Features completely new molded parts for upper hull, fighting compartment, gun, and more (lower hull and road wheels are those from the Nashorn kit (Item 35335).
• Late production tracks are depicted with assembly parts using one-piece straight sections, offering highly realistic depictions of upper run "sag."
• Includes accessories, recreating rounds, cases and more.
• 3 brand new figures included.
• Comes with 2 marking options.
• Separately sold metal gun barrel detail-up parts enhance the realism of the model further!