The U.S.S. Kelvin, Starfleet registry NCC-0514, is noted for its deadly encounter with the Romulan ship Narada, which emerged from a black hole created by the detonation of a red matter device. In the ensuing combat, Lieutenant Commander George Kirk assumed command of the ship, sacrificing himself and the Kelvin by ramming the Narada at full speed, effectively disabling the enemy craft and allowing remaining crew members, including Kirk’s pregnant wife, Winona, to escape via shuttlecraft. It is notable that George Kirk's son, James Tiberius Kirk, who would grow up to become the famous captain of the legendary U.S.S. Enterprise, was born during the escape.
The fan-favorite U.S.S. Kelvin, from the opening sequence of Star Trek (2009), is recreated as a precision-tooled, styrene kit.
- Based on actual digital visual effects files.
- Includes clear engine details and deflector dish
- Also includes decals and a full-color instruction booklet, including detailed painting tips.
- Packaging features box art by noted Star Trek production illustrator, John Eaves.
- This kit will be about 11 inches long and 7 inches wide
- 1:350 Scale Plastic Model Kit - Requires Assembly
- Skill Level 3 - Ages 15 and Up
- Glue and Paint needed for assembly - NOT INCLUDED